Our name summarizes our mission: To help restore broken lives by offering a residential Christian faith-based sober living environment to support men coming out of incarceration who are committed to life and lifestyle change.
Definition of RECIDIVISM–Merriam Webster
: a tendency to relapse into a previous condition or mode of behavior; especially : relapse into criminal behavior
WHY CARE?…The experience of “freedom” to a parolee is similar to the plight of a caged canary suddenly set free in a forest. The expectations of him are great but, without help with facing his fears, self doubt, loneliness and the formidable challenges of finding housing, food and work, the odds are stacked against him. The Facts
- 90% of the inmates in California’s prisons will be released to our neighborhoods.
- Parolees leave prison with less than $200 and, often, with no place to go, and no one who cares.
- Checking “felon” on housing and job applications shuts doors and hearts.
- 67% of parolees return to prison.
- It costs taxpayers $60,000+ a year to warehouse an inmate.
- Parole failure means higher welfare costs to support families, including the financial and human costs of delinquent children and school dropouts.