Application: Resident Application 22-Dec-14
The vast majority of our residents come to us directly from prison/jail. Most are between 30-60. Most are “lifers” who have been incarcerated for 20+ years. Typically:
- 80% have substance abuse history;
- most have entrance level marketable skills;
- most lack basic social and money management skills;
- many are estranged from family, or have limited family support;
- almost all depend upon food stamps/general assistance as part of their RH fees.
Because of our desire to assist deserving men regardless of their financial situation, we allow residents to accrue a debt for fees while they seek employment. However, they must be able to provide full fees by the start of their fourth month in residence.
Primary Items Considered in Acceptance of Residents:
- Recidivism history, and evident life-change already in progress.
- Capability for full time employment, and employability.
- Substance abuse history, and 12-Step participation.
- Christian spiritual/religious practice.
- Local family or other support system.
Financial Contribution Policies:
- Residents contribute their food stamps and 50% of general assistance.
- All residents must contribute a minimum of $50/month in cash toward fees.
- All residents must be able to pay full fees by the start of their fourth month in residence.
- Upon employment, monthly $600 fees must be paid, as well as payments on debt.
- Debt repayment plans are integrated into the residency contract.