Application: Resident Application 22-Dec-14
The vast majority of our residents come to us directly from prison/jail. Most are between 30-60. Most are “lifers” who have been incarcerated for 20+ years. Typically:
- 80% have substance abuse history;
- most have entrance level marketable skills;
- most lack basic social and money management skills;
- many are estranged from family, or have limited family support;
- almost all depend upon food stamps/general assistance as part of their RH fees.
Primary Items Considered in Acceptance of Residents:
- Recidivism history, and evident life-change already in progress.
- Capability for full time employment, and employability.
- Substance abuse history, and 12-Step participation.
- Christian spiritual/religious practice.
- Local family or other support system.
- When eligible, public funding sources may provide full fees for a limited period.
- Without public funding, subsidized fees are $650/month.
- General Assistance and CalFresh (food stamps) may be applied to fees.
- As necessary, we will work with residents and families to establish a payment plan, but full fees must be paid by the fourth month.